Grouting Vinyl Peel And Stick Tile - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Grouting vinyl peel and stick tile

So, my fiance and I are fixing up an old house...ahh the joys of being young, broke, newlyweds. :-). Anyhow, we are trying to be cost efficient throughout this process and were considering vinyl peel and stick tiles for our kitchen and bathroom. Here's the thing though, my fiance wants to grout the tiles, which is fine with me because it looks so much better done this way. However, I have heard mixed reviews about peel and stick tiles. A lot of users say that the tiles shift...I am assuming that grouting the tiles would probably prevent shifting, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this? We are thinking about doing it ourselves...Keep in mind, we want an option that is cost efficient, but we have to live with this kitchen and bathroom for a while...and I won't be able to handle crooked tiles. Thanks!

Advertisement

Pnkhollie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 634

Not going to work. Peel and sick is one of the last floors I would ever put down.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
Pro

Rewards Points: 502

Are you referring to groutible P&S? Or regular P&S that you want to grout?
2 different types of P&S.
JetSwet is online now   Reply With Quote