Good Brand Of Vinyl Plank Flooring? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Good Brand of Vinyl Plank Flooring?

Was planning on laminate or engineered flooring for my basement remodel but I put a level on the concrete sub-floor and I have more than a few humps that put me outside of the tolerances for these floors.

I don't want to really deal with self leveling cement or grinding the humps so if I want something that looks like a wood floor I guess my only option is the Vinyl Plank Flooring, something like the Allure Ultra (the kind that click and locks together) considering it is flexible. However, I am curious as to a decent brand that people have worked with and installs/looks good. Let me know. Thanks!

Advertisement

AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #2
Doer of Many Things

Rewards Points: 530

Floating vinyl plank won't work any better than laminate in your situation. It still requires a pretty flat floor. You can use a glue down but you'll see every hump telegraph through it.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Well I guess it is either carpet or I rent a concrete sander.....I have a floating concrete slab with an interior weeping tile along the perimiter(pretty common in upstate NY) and they slopped the floor towards the weeping tile (for drainage I would guess if the basement ever floods) so there is a nice hump in the middle (prolly need to take off 1/8th of an inch at least). Looked at my parents house which is brand new and they have the same thing.
AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote