Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #1

Share |
Question

flooring the turret

We have just bought a new house with a double volume turret over the entrance. The entrance links the lounge and dining room and has the stairs down to the garages which are under the house. There is a curved wall approximately 1 metre high which prevents you falling down the stairs which goes to ground level. I am assuming that it has a suitable foundation.

I would like to floor the turret, to use the space as an office as i would get a great view of a nearby lake. Hheight is not an issue and there are windows in the upper section already.

What would be the easiest method of doing this, I had thought to raise the low wall to ceiling height which would provide support for one end of the beams and then to fix them to the wall with mounting plates.

I was considering using hardboard for the floor as it would be easy to profile to the turret shape.

Any ideas / comments

dumfries23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Handyguy

Send a message via Skype™ to Brik

flooring the turret

This is not a typical DIY type project and the choice of flooring is WAY off. You have significant work to do before you need to worry about flooring.

Some advice - Live in the new house for a year before you start a major remodel. Get a feel for things. You may have other unforeseen projects that should be tackled first.

Brik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:53 PM   #3

flooring the turret

When you are deciding how to remodel or build your home, house floor plansare perhaps the most important thing that you should consider. Of all the surfaces or parts of your home, your floors will need to withstand the most wear and tear and the most traffic. What you put on those floors is perhaps the most important decision that you can make when it comes to planning your home. Hope it hepls..Good luck

Last edited by Ron The Plumber; 05-07-2008 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Removed link to website, get permission for admin on this site.
ayeshaa is offline   Reply With Quote