Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #1

Share |

Flooring Newbie

Hi guys! Just bought a condo and I want to put in new flooring. I've been checking out iFloor.com and these two caught my eye:

http://www.ifloor.com/Bamboo-Floorin...es/IF-CS440276

http://www.ifloor.com/Hardwood-Floor...al/IF-TS439724

Questions:

1) Any opinions on iFloor.com? Any recommendations on any other retailers I should check out?

2) Any opinions on those two brands (links above) from iFloor.com? What other brands should I check out? Price is also a factor, trying to keep it under $3 a square foot.

3) Anything else I should look out for or pit falls I should to avoid?

4) Where should I buy the other accessories (baseboards/underlayments/moldings/etc.) for the installation?

I'm a super newbie and have no clue where to start. Any feed back is highly appreciated. I'm in the LA area too. Thanks!

condowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #2

Flooring Newbie

I think both options would work for your particular application.

I just re-did my floors (1st timer fyi) and they turned out perfect. I took out the tile, resurfaced the floor and added a buttload (17-20 bags) of self leveling concrete (forgot the brand but it was about $30/bag) just to get it level.

You will maybe hear about getting your floor "flat" instead of worrying about getting it "level" - I personally subscribe to both philosophies b/c I didn't want people walking sideways in my dining room.

Good luck and make sure you budget time beforehand. I had to go back and forth to Home Depot a gazillion times for supplies so be sure to plan ahead of time.

idlewatcher is offline   Reply With Quote