Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-26-2008, 10:08 AM   #1

Share |

flooring help

hello,

I am wondering if anyone could give me their best advice? I wanted to have ceramic tile put in my bathroom so after buying everything and getting up to the install of the cement board, i decided that i would like the wood float floor more. The problem is the cement board is already layed do i need to take all of that up in order to use the "float floor"? Is there any other type of flooring i can lay on the cement board other then ceramic?

thank you the confused one!

boo28_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:37 AM   #2
Eibwen

flooring help

Dear Cornfused Flooring One,

If you have the cement board down tight and right I would think you could put something other than ceramic over it. But keep in mind if the new product you select requires nailing thru the cement board it could be fun.
ANNNNNND your floor is getting taller all the time so thats one thing to keep in mind.

I really dont like wood floors in baths and my suggestion would be to proceed with the tile. Once its down you'll love it. I think it will be more durable and add more long term value than a wood product.

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Tileguy

flooring help

I agree, NO wood if it's a regular bathroom. Even if it's one of those laminate beauties. You made the proper choice in the first place.

Jaz

DITRA Installs - KERDI Watertight-Mold-Free Showers. I have NEVER made a mistake, I thought I did ONCE, but, I was WRONG! A+ BBB rating - est. 1987 - over 50 yrs. exp.
JazMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

flooring help

You could install the floating floor over cement board, But any flooring product made of or partially made of wood/wood products is not recommended in a wet environment - like a bathroom.

The only exception, I could think of, is maybe a 1/2 bath (no shower/tub) with the seams glued and all the edges sealed with silicone...and even that's chancing it, if your toilet overflows....
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote