Flooring Help - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Flooring Help

I am in the process of remodeling my small downstairs bathroom. The previous homeowner had a tile floor installed. The subfloor was obviously uneven because there was a large "U" shaped crack spanning over a large area of the floor. After removing the existing tile and mortar, the previous installers covered the entire floor with leveling compound, over the old tongue and groove subfloor. This is a rather old house and do not want to deal with the headache of trying to completely level the floor to install ceramic tile again. I am thinking of installing either a laminate or linoleum floor. I am wondering if I should break apart all of the leveling compound and completely remove it, so the new floor can be laid directly over the old subflooring? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

leo8500 is offline   Reply With Quote