Floor Lift - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Floor lift

My boyfriend and I just recently moved into an older farm house that has been part of his family for many of years now. I noticed that while i was in the kitchen cooking that when ever grease came out of the pan and ended up on the stove it would work its way to the back left corner. I thought well that's kind of odd.. Well, the thing is the house is so old that the floor is starting to cave in. Is there a way I can just lift it up or do I have to replace the whole floor?

Advertisement

msogn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 1,018

Floor lift

It really depends on what is going on underneath the floor. Is there a basement below where you can see what is going on down there? Pics are always a plus here.

Advertisement

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 75

Floor lift

As a temporary measure, it's quite easy to level the stove. Most newer models have adjustable feet, or you can use shims.
GottaFixIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 152

Floor lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by msogn View Post
My boyfriend and I just recently moved into an older farm house that has been part of his family for many of years now. I noticed that while i was in the kitchen cooking that when ever grease came out of the pan and ended up on the stove it would work its way to the back left corner. I thought well that's kind of odd.. Well, the thing is the house is so old that the floor is starting to cave in. Is there a way I can just lift it up or do I have to replace the whole floor?
I'm guessing that you didn't condemn the floor by watching grease run across the stove...am I right. If so, how did you determine that the floor was caving in? And, in doing so...what was the cause...rot, age, dilapidation?

Without more information, there can be no answer. If you are guessing, then we will be guessing.

Please provide.

1. condition of subfloor,
2. condition of floor joists
3. amount of caving in that you are talking about.
4. post pictures, if they help you show us what you are talking about.
Ed911 is offline   Reply With Quote