DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Flooring (
-   -   Floating, oil finished, hardwood flooring? (

jmd87 11-06-2012 09:47 AM

Floating, oil finished, hardwood flooring?
I've been searching and I think my lack of terminology is keeping me from finding what I'm looking for.

Do they make a floating/interlocking hardwood floor that is oil finished (non-urethane) so that if there are scratches they can basically be wiped away with mineral oil?

I'm looking for a ~5" plank wide, walnut type color. Going down on a slab and would prefer not to use adhesive which is why I am looking for floating.


joecaption 11-06-2012 11:44 AM

It's called engineered flooring.
I've never seen it without a finish on it. It's a super tough finish and you would really have to work at it to sctatch it.

DannyT 11-06-2012 03:11 PM

there is always unfinished hardwood and then you can put any type of finish on it that you want.

here is a link to some unfinished engineered walnut flooring.

they carry 9 different types of unfinished engineered flooring

joecaption 11-06-2012 04:12 PM

Danny, he's going over a slab so real woods out.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1