DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

First Timer - Questions About Hardwood Flooring for Stairs

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sunshine54 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

First of all, I apologize for "stupid questions" that I might have. I've never done this before and it's all new to me.

I purchased a new home and have decided to lay new hardwood flooring. I have about 5 steps (drywall on either side) that lead up to my living room. I intend to lay hard flooring for both areas.

For the living room I've purchased brazilian walnut clic engineering flooring. The living room should be fairly straight forward but I'm confused about the stairs. Here are my questions:

- I'm confused about the difference between a stair nose and a stair tread. Should the stair nose only be used for the top step?
- I know theres clic stair nosing available, can I use that together with my hardwood flooring as a full stair tread?
- I want the top step to join seamlessly with my flooring, would it be best to have a clic stair nose at the top and then run my flooring parallel to it?

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.