Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Engineered Wood Floors - good vs bad brands?

overwhelmed with the options that are out there, and obviously each retailer promotes the brands they carry. Curious which brands and wood types seem to be of the best quality, or known problematic brands to avoid? Also curious what average wait time is, we're in a time crunch and need the flooring here in a few weeks, max.

Thanks

MOD220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Depending on the amount of square footage you need Lumber Liquidators can be a good start.

I ordered approx 500sq ft of flooring, was told it was gonna be 5-7 weeks and they called 10 days later and said it was in!!

Doorman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorman54 View Post
Depending on the amount of square footage you need Lumber Liquidators can be a good start.

I ordered approx 500sq ft of flooring, was told it was gonna be 5-7 weeks and they called 10 days later and said it was in!!
thanks! I have read nothing but horror stories about lumber liquidators, glad to see a positive story! they seem to have a great selection, but literally every review i've read (talking 100's) has been negative. in fact, I called my local store yesterday at 3pm, got an answering machine, and have yet to hear back. if i'm struggling to buy, can't imagine the service being any easier. but again, glad to hear you did well with them, i'll probably visit them today and check it out.
MOD220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 25

I shopped around for 2 months on floors (I've done 3 homes in wood) and just did a 650' addition for a bedroom over a tripple garage. Best prices and bank for the buck was at Total Hardwood Flooring. They have several outlets and I found the staff helpful and the product was better then most I've seen for less $$. I wanted engineered, hand scrapped, click flooring and many didn't have this - they had several to pick from. Check them out.
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #5

Of all the flooring I have done I am partial to Harris Tarkett. Luv the 5 ply engineered stuff. Did 10+ rooms with it. Great stuff
brucem is offline   Reply With Quote