Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #1

Share |

engineered wood floor not glued down - need suggestions

looking for some advice on re-gluing engineered wood floors....I had installed engineered wood floors by glueing them down to the concrete slab floor....however, the installation was not successful and parts of the floor are not glued down....this results in a popping sound and excessive flex when a person steps on the bad spots

How can I fix this? I don't want to put in screws but don't know how to get the floors to stick now that they are already installed? I have heard there is a kit where a tiny hole can be drilled in the floor boards, glue injected via syringe and then lead weights used to secure the floor? has anyone tried this technique and can you point me in the right direction for the require products?

Last edited by nekeerf; 06-16-2007 at 01:53 PM.
nekeerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #2

First thing that sticks out to me is the comment about excessive flex in the floor. This would seem to indicate that 1) the floor was installed too tight to the walls and is bowed up a bit in places or 2) more than likely the subfloor was not level enough and has dips in it causing the flex. If either case is true drilling and shooting glue to it won't necessarily fix the problem. Glue won't hold if there is a dip or bow causing the floor to set away from the subfloor in some areas.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #3

don't think its too tight to the walls - but the slab could be uneven.... I think the main problem is the installation though...and either way would like to try the drilling and gluing before taking more drastic measures

Any information on the drilling and gluing process/equipment?
nekeerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:47 PM   #4

I've never had to drill and glue this type of product. We've done it with vinyl flooring before. I'd suggest drilling with a very small bit in a seam in the flooring to avoid making it noticeable. You can then just get a cattle syringe, which is slightly bigger than one meant for humans, and inject your adhesive with that.