Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Wink

Engineered click over concrete

I purchased the Home legends 3/8 x4 engineered click hardwood flooring with a 55 year warranty. Any one have any experience with this floor? Trying to find a vapor barrier that doesnt void warranty and it was very specific. This was the requirement:

"non-recycled (100% virgin resin) 6-mil. Polyethylene film vapor barrier with a density of .92 lbs./cubic ft. and a thickness tolerance of +/- 10% is installed over the concrete subfloor that emits a water vapor no greater than 5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft. within 24 hours."

I dont have a lot of faith in warranties, but i do want to make sure it is installed correctly and the vapor barrier the store ordered voids the warranty b/c it contained 15% recycled material. What type of vapor barrier would be best, but also what type of cushion? It is only 3/8 on core board. Would like floors to feel like hardwood and have some cushion to them if possible. The store is installing 1200 sq ft on ground floor with concrete subfloor as a part of a $400 whole house installation special and will also be doing the stairs. How does click floor install on stairs? We ordered the stairnose, but i am talking about the floating aspect.

Last edited by details; 11-09-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: clarify
details is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 0

Engineered click over concrete

Look for a product called Silencer. Vapor barrier is already attached. You can not install steps in a floating method. Be sure steps are installed with urethane adhesive. Stairnose too. Urethane adhesive is powerful stuff.

plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote