Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Earth Werks

I am thinking about going with the earth werks plank vinyl flooring that really looks like wood floor. Has anyone used it ? I think it will be a better choice than the allure floating i was going to use as it looks better and appears tougher ? it glues down and thats my question what glue should i use and any tips would be gladly appreciated ?

MWHITLEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #2

Earth Werks

When in doubt read the manufactures instructions.

http://www.earthwerks.net/nAmerica/i...yl%20Plank.pdf

Zero Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #3

Earth Werks

I read the instructions but had no luck finding anything called ST 100 ? where can i find it and is that the manufactures name or product name ?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #4

Earth Werks

That is thier pressure sensitive adhesive i believe
mike costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #5

Earth Werks

Seems odd you can buy the flooring at home depot but not the glue and the only place i can get the glue is by ordering it from the manufacture ? is there no other glue that will work ?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #6

Earth Werks

Ill deny I ever said this but yes,lol. Any solid vinyl ,pressure sensitive adhesive would work great.

Or so Ive heard.

Edited to add: You better stick to the manufacturors adhesive. It looks like thier glue is not pressure sensitive but a wet lay .

By wet lay I mean you have to spread a little at a time and set the flooring into it while it is still wet enough to transfer to the plank.

A pressure sensitive instal lmeans letting the glue Tack up (dry) before setting the planks

Last edited by mike costello; 12-09-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #7

Earth Werks

Thanks Mike, Can you make any recomondations as far as a good quality brand to use ? Sorry to make such a issue out of this but i want to use there recomended product but since the dont have it around here i would have to order it from the manufacture back east and i am in calif. and it looks like i would need 3 or 4 five gall buckets and i think the frieght would kill me as most of the adhesives i have seen are 60 or more bucks for 5 gall and i need alittle over four to cover 700 sqf ?
Old 12-09-2007, 05:26 PM   #8

Earth Werks

http://www.fastfloors.com/lq_17833,0...C591/quote.htm
Zero Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:15 PM   #9

Earth Werks

Thanks ZP ! I was on that site and i didnt see it ! Wife is telling me I need glasses ha ha I guess so.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #10

Earth Werks

FYI--Trafficemaster Allure Vinyl Flooring--BAD Experience!!
Just wanted to share our horrible experience with this product to spare others the heartache and frustration we have had this past year. First the seams lifted, which eventually led to Halstead (the manufacturer) refunding our total amount spent on this product. Then upon removal of the product, we found solid MOLD growing under the flooring!! We had installed it in a "dry" walkout basement which is actually a foot above grade/ground level. We had carpet and padding down for 7 years with no moisture/mold issues. Now our cement subfloor has been compromised, and even after cleaning with bleach and water 3 times, we are still told by professionals to seal it with a mold inhibitor paint to prevent any mold spores that are still in the cement from growing in the future. In my opinion, based on our experience, this product has a flaw in it's application for use. It seems to set up conditions for moisture to be trapped and breed mold. You don't have this issue with carpet as it breathes, and you don't have this issue with traditional vinyl because it is glued completely to the subfloor or sealed around the perimeter. This product doesn't require any floor prep in it's install and it doesn't seal out air with any type of gluing down of the floor. In my opinion this allows air and moisture to be trapped under the vinyl, and presto! you have a science project growing in your home! I feel we were lucky to have the seam lifting issue which led to us removing the flooring from our home after only 8 months....what if we had left it for 5 years...can you imagine the mold levels that might have existed then?! Contact me if you want pictures!!!
mngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #11

Earth Werks

Umm we get the point. The duplicate posts reek of spamming!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #12

Earth Werks

New at this...just trying to get the word out to spare others!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 PM   #13

Earth Werks

Getting the word out is one thing, glutting the entire forum with the same damn post is rude
Old 03-12-2008, 06:46 PM   #14

Earth Werks

Once I saw there were duplicates, I did go in and delete them, I think... Again, sorry, I didn't know they were posting repeatedly. So much for trying to do a good thing....
Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 PM   #15

Earth Werks

And not to mention that its not the even the product I was talking about ?