Duracermic Flooring - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #1
fah

Rewards Points: 10

Duracermic flooring

We are considering using the Duracermic flooring for our kitchen. Does anyone have this type flooring and what is your opinion. There are a few posting about the flooring, but they are fairly old. Would like to hear more current opinions.

Advertisement

fah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Duracermic flooring

Yup a lot of different opinions...
Go to different boards too. Like John Bridge, the floorPro etc and get an idea for and against.

Advertisement

“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #3

Duracermic flooring

I've sold DuraStone for years and recently some Duraceramic. It's a good looking product but we have had some issues with it, though not many. It carries a hefty warranty as well and from what I've seen they do honor that warranty quite well. Personally, I just don't like the way it's made. I'd rather have a good luxury/solid vinyl tile myself. You'll get a better price than Duraceramic and have a product rated for commercial traffic.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:51 AM   #4

Duracermic flooring

I would agree with that assessment, poppa, although I haven't installed any. Bud Cline has, I think, so ask him (PM or something).
“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
Old 08-23-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,614

Duracermic flooring

I ain't sayin' nothin'...
Every damned time I tell the truth from my personal experiences about that product someone here flames me.

Do a search - there are plenty of recent fresh posts about the ups and downs of that product all over the Internet.
Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:41 AM   #6

Duracermic flooring

"I ain't sayin' nothin'..." Bud Cline

'Thought you'd say that, Bud, in reference to that crazy retailer on another board! LOL Oh well...hoped that wouldn't prevent you. Volume of info, yes, pot-shots? No way.

But kidding aside, if there's one guy I'd hope the OP would ask it's you Bud. Maybe they still will.

"The whole truth M'am - nothing but the truth...~"
Old 08-26-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
fah

Rewards Points: 10

Duracermic flooring

Bud, I would like to know your opinion on the product. We won't "fuss" at you. It is a lot of money for the flooring and the only local person the store gave as a reference has only had it installed 6 mons. We really love the look of tile but hate that it is so cold and the grout is hard to keep clean.
fah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #8
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,614

Duracermic flooring

All tile vinyl, stone, ceramic, can be chilly if you don't take steps to warm it.
All grouts can be hard to keep clean, just depends on your use and lifestyle.

Those are complaints I haven't seen too much of.

For the same money you can have real ceramic tile.

Take a look at the pattern design variations available in any particular color. If you can live with the frequent pattern repeats that's your choice also.

Now do a search and look at the complaints about wear-surface pealing/delaminating, nicks and scratches and furniture leg scuffs, cracked grout.

Advertisement

Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote