Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #1

Share |
concrete water based stain needs sealant

I've prepared the concrete, I have color down, I did a mural through out the house, now I need to seal it some how. I'm prepared to do a 2 part epoxy. But I'm looking for the right products to protect all my hard work. So any tips, brands, or ideas for or against epoxy's I'd like to hear about it. I want clear non yellowing gloss. beyond that I'm open to suggestions, also, benefits if necessary to using a top coat. I used water based concrete stain in dining, living, kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room.

sweetnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #2

See attached link I saw a while back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfT56...e_gdata_player

How did your sealing turnout and did you sand afterwards? Can you post a picture on The results?

mikemakeitso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikemakeitso For This Useful Post:
sweetnyx (04-08-2014)
Old 07-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #3

Thumbs up

I'm having difficulties posting the photos of what I have done so far. Thanks for the link I'm still looking for the right top for my floor. The product info you provided I'm considering for a counter top. I'm disappointed a little, not in you, but in the lack of epoxy conversations. Paint can have epic, yet repetitive, conversations on product, brands, and ingredients. Yet, I'm not finding that passion for epoxy. I need that passion please... I still need the 2 part epoxy high gloss clear. I also need a spiky roller.. and tips to application. I am concerned on a couple of points.. 1) I'm in Vegas, it's a little hot and drying. 2) I've got five open and continuous rooms. 3) and maintenance I don't want any.

Last edited by sweetnyx; 07-20-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #4

I picked up a two part epoxy, Xylene, and a two part high gloss sealant. Here's the plan: as soon as this storm passes and humidity is lower, but before it hits 110 degrees again, I'm trying to catch a 48hr window to work in. During the hottest part of the day I will apply the epoxy, early the next morning I'll apply 1st coat of sealant, then that evening I'll apply second and last coat. Then let cure. no sanding necessary. Keep your fingers crossed it goes as planned

Tags
2 part epoxy, floor, sealent, staining concrete