Concrete Floor Fix - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-23-2010, 01:03 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Concrete Floor Fix

Hey, I am fixing up an old shop this up-coming year. It has a fairly large 60'x32 concrete floor. The shop is very old and near the doors the floor has cracked a lot and near the back door it is probably about an inch lower than the rest of the floor. It is generally in bad shape and I would like have a nice smooth even floor in the whole shop. I'm wondering what my options are to do this? I was looking at: http://www.concreterepair.loctite.co...r/grouting.htm
I'm guessing the downside to that will be the cost over such a large area.
Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

ElMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,580

Concrete Floor Fix

The product you refer to would not be the product to use for your desired improvements. That product is intended for the mounting of machine tools and things such as that.

There are several factors to be considered but your floor may still be eligible for an overlay of a sand and Portland cement product. This would still be referred to as "grout" but not the type of grout you referenced or the type of grout used for ceramic tile.

You could contact any Ready-Mix plant and discuss your project with them. They can provide you with "grout" mixed by the truck load. If space allows you could over-pour your existing floor with their grout to a thickness of two inches (or so). This would come straight from the Ready-Mix plant/truck and would require about 12 cubic yards. In this manner the cost would be a lot more bearable.

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 01:55 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Concrete Floor Fix

Thank you
ElMachine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concrete , floor , shop