Commercial Flooring Tile Finish/glaze - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,038
Question

Commercial flooring tile finish/glaze

I just did the floor of my little indoor storage with commercial flooring tiles from the Home Depot (Armstrong brand). But I feel the finished look does not look as smooth as what appear to be the same tiles in a local supermarket -- theirs seem to almost have some kind of glaze over them, making them look smooth and kind of seamless at the joints.

I don't care too much about the aesthetics of my indoor storage room but I also plan to do my dining room with the same floor covering and I would like that to look smooth like at the supermarket. I am looking for suggestions what to use to finish them to achieve that look or is the supermarket look just a result of repeated polishing over the years?

Advertisement

amakarevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:49 AM   #2
Retired & Not Likin' It

Rewards Points: 75

Commercial flooring tile finish/glaze

I didn't do much commercial work and wasn't involved in maintenance cleaning and surfacing procedures, so I'm not sure how much help this is: Go to the grocery store and ask to speak with someone on the maintenance crew. Ask them what they use, how often and if they strip the floor of finish regularly, occasionally or at all.

Jim

Advertisement

Jim McClain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
finish , floor tiles