Ceramic Tile Around A Surround Bathtub That Has Been Cut - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ceramic Tile around a Surround Bathtub that has been cut

Hello. First off, thank you for any advice that you can provide. Here is my issue.

Background:
I have surround bathtub in my basement and I want to have the bathroom tiled, including tile around the upper part of the surround heading up to the ceiling.

My issue:
The previous owner of the house had the tub downstairs when I bought the house. The top of the tub surround has been cut all the way around ( I think in an effort to be able to get it downstairs and through the doorway...assuming it was put down there after the house was built...not sure why else you would cut the top off?) The cut is not 100% even, so I think the tile will need to hang slightly below the tub (cut line) so it looks nice.

Does anyone have a good idea on how I could tile this area, so it will look pretty nice and provide maximum waterproof protection. I am kind of at a loss on this one.

Thank for your help!

Advertisement

LittleRascals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,580

Ceramic Tile around a Surround Bathtub that has been cut

Quote:
I am kind of at a loss on this one.
Me too!

Is this a plastic surround?

If so you can't install tile on it.

How about posting a picture of this thing?

Advertisement

Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote