keep it short and sweet
1. New to website and new to flooring
2. started with florida room with standard carpet with god aweful 20 year old glue
3. ripped carpet up but took good chunk of subfloor with it
4. tried scraping with standard scraper and hard bristle brush to remove glue
5. tried carpet glue remover from lowes in a ytellow jug, didnt phase the glue at all
6. bought a 8 inch industrial scraper and started working but a whole lot of work, drawback was taking up more of subfloor leaving rough concrete
7. tried muratic acid on the glue and now made glue more plyable with scraper but still extemely hard and some concrete was still coming up with scraper
8. last ditch brought in pressure washer and worked better than other methods until more detailed investigation, took off glue and top layer of concrete.
ultimate goal is remove glue to prep floor to either lay down a concrete stain or concrete paint
any help of tips will be greatly appreciated
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.