Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #1

Share |

Bubble in Pergo from spill

Hi all, we have had Pergo installed in our Kitchen for about 3 years now. We did not put it in. My wife accidentally spilled some tile sealer on the pergo, and it got in between one of the seams, and caused the finish to bubble up. Does anyone know of a remedy (trick) to fix this. I was thinking maybe something like an iron and damp towel over it, but not sure. Any help would be great! Thank you.

I do not want to have to tear out the floor to get to replace the two pieces (call me lazy)

Chris165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:00 PM   #2
Master Craftsman

I know you don't want to hear this but the only way to fix it is to replace it. What has happened is that the fibers that make up the flooring have swelled and made the flooring raise up.

Sorry, Dave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Chris165,

It's just as Big Dave said.

The only repair to this is to replace that particulor 'board section'. This is due to the nature of the material, as it is not solid hardwood, it will not dry and shrink back to it's original shape.

Anyways, as was stated, you will have to replace that 'board section' that is bubbled. There is a procedure to do this. Done right, and it will look perfect when completed. Again, it has to be done just as the procedure states.

What is this procedure? I can't really get into it on this forum as you really need picture instructions to follow. It is possible for a homeowner with some skill to do it. Otherwise, you can call Pergo and have them send a 'technician' out do the replacement and $$ repair.

You should be able to find directions for the procedure with diagrams and pictures by doing a 'search' on it (I did).
Try: " Repair Laminate Floor"

If you do decide to make go of it, the most important things are: Make sure you have the right tools and alot of patience....take your time.

Last edited by AtlanticWBConst.; 06-12-2006 at 09:25 PM.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #4

I am pretty handy, so I will check out the repair on the web, and give it a shot. The previous owner left a couple of planks so I should be good to go. Thanx for all of your help. This forum is really great!!!
Chris165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #5

Good luck!

the reason this place is great is because of all the posts and inputs. Feel free to join in if you can help on whatever!
Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:16 PM   #6
Master Craftsman

Chris165. I forgot to mention I would put the new peices up against the wall in an inconspicuous area as they will probably not match completely.

Dave.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote