DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Bruce lock and fold flooring vs pergo

12K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Coolmom 
#1 ·
I am trying to decide between bruce lock and fold flooring or a pergo flooring in my kitchen, laundry, and eat-in-area. I've read on this site that a lot of you have installed the bruce flooring-----just wondering if they are still holding up and if you are still happy with the results? We have a dog and 2 small children. Solid hardwood is not really in the budget. I really like the look of hardwood, but leery of scrapes and dents. Alot of people have suggested the pergo--not too sure about it. It will be put over existing vinyl on a crawlspace. Any suggestions or reviews?
Thanks!:)

#2 ·
Welcome! Try posting your question in the flooring section, lots of good advice here. Be safe, GBAR

#3 ·
Beware of Bruce Lock and Fold

We had a terrible experience with Armstrong/Bruce Lock and Fold. Go with Pergo if you have to go with this kind....Read these threads especially regarding the bowing and noise. And if you have a problem, forget it with Armstrong....they will blame the installation and are not customer focused.
Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.