Brazilian Direct - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Question

Brazilian Direct

Anyone know anything about this company? http://www.brazilianhardwood.com/. I'm thinking about ordering some solid hardwood flooring from them.

Thanks

Advertisement

evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:49 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

Brazilian Direct

A friend of mine put Brazilian hardwood flooring in their new home, and it had a cherry colour to it.

It looks really nice, but she said that after 4 years now, she is getting tired of the reddish cherry look and wished she had gone with something that is more timeless.

Like a medium brown finish, or a light finish.

It's all a question of taste.

Advertisement

yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:02 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 150

Brazilian Direct

I just did a Brazilian Walnut floor and was going to order from them. Their prices were good, but not great.

A relative of a guy who works for me does hardwood floor, and did a floor for me a few years ago. I trust his opinion. When I asked him about ordering from these places he advised me not to due to A.) all the times he has been called to install floors from companies like this, all the board's were short, With all shot board's, the floor does not look right in the end. and B.) the quality of the board was not as advertised.

Instead, he got the wood for me locally and was able to see the product before purchase, made sure it was in lenght's up to 6' and the floor looks BEAUTIFUL.

In the end I paid about $1 per foot more, but had the peiece of mind that all would be good in the end.
dcd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:13 PM   #4

Brazilian Direct

I'm looking at their Amendoim. The price is definitely good comparatively. I ordered samples and they look great. My biggest concern is definitely short boards. I was told they range from 1-7' and average 3'. From other places I've looked at this seems pretty typical. I would be sorely disappointed however if the majority were smaller than 3'.
evolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #5

Brazilian Direct

A friend of mine actually ordered floors from them and they are beautiful! I am saving to re-do mine - it might take some time but worth the wait compared to what I have seen locally in depot and other flooring stores. The boards are definitely not short but I know what you mean I have seen some floors that look like patch work quilts because of the short pieces - this floor is amazing (teak). Sara's installer told her it's one of the nicest floors he's seen - perfect install no fitting problems or any type of variances, he said that meant it all came from the same mill which is apparently what you want.
Hope that helps
diymommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:20 PM   #6
Still Learning

Rewards Points: 75

Brazilian Direct

I know the man behind Brazilian Direct personally. Actually installed a few of his products when he was first starting out in online sales. Dan may sometimes come off sounding like he just wants the sale, but he definately makes a serious attempt at getting a good quality product to you.

Definately no pile of shorts...smaller pieces. Good quality straight product with no struggles installing.
HardwoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #7

Brazilian Direct

Please visit

http://www.dataweb-design.com/brazilian.html

for my personal negative experience with Brazilian Direct, before you do business with them.

Advertisement

samburnell is offline   Reply With Quote