Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Best electric floor heat??

I am going to install electric floor heat in two of our bathrooms under ceramic tile. Anybody have advice on the best system?? Easiest to install for a experienced DIY?

norm58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
Tileguy

SunTouch.

Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Not-So-Newbie

Gosh Bud.....

I cant touch that!

Really, do yourself a favor and just research them a little, compare price with material quality, warranty and customer support. I am biased to Suntouch as well, but ultimately you have to make the decision, and I would rather you make an informed decision.
Steven62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #4
Tileguy

Quote:
Really, do yourself a favor and just research them a little, compare price with material quality, warranty and customer support. I am biased to Suntouch as well, but ultimately you have to make the decision, and I would rather you make an informed decision.

May be some truth to that but in reality if you have no experience with these products then all you can hope to gain is the marketing information and claims of each manufacturer. You still don't know if what is being said is really the case.

In my case....I have used several of those products and have settled-in on Suntouch. This is from an ease of installation workability and apparent quality standpoint. I have installed a couple dozen floor heat systems in the past five years and have had no complaints from any of them. In fact the customers simply love the concept.

It is a good idea to study up a little and satisfy yourself which product is best for you but Suntouch should in my opinion be a serious consideration. The quality of the components is there, the peripheral products are there, the ease of installation is there, the ability to reconfigure the mats is there....

I like it.
Bud Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:16 AM   #5

Bud, have you ever installed Nuheat products and what do you think of them?
“The average American woman is about 25 pounds heavier than she was in 1960...Recognizing obesity as a disease will help change the way the medical community tackles this complex issue that affects approximately 1 in 3 Americans,”
ccarlisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #6
Electric Radiant Heating

We install Heatizon for low voltage applications and Danfoss with line voltage apps.

My personal preference is low voltage because it offers a far superior element against defect or damage, flexability to cut and "jump" to other areas in the field (such as shower floors, seats or whirlpool steps) and a 25 year element warranty. But the quality costs more and is more difficult to install.

The line voltage mats from Danfoss are easier to install and the element is comparable to Suntouch at a more competitive price. Their matting has a tacky backing to both sides so it lays down easier when making turns.

We don't use their tstats though. I (my customers) like, when given the choice, the Aube tstst. It's a "prettier" design for modern bathrooms and has more programmable functions.

I must also agree with others when they say do your own shopping.