Basics Shopping Questions - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-24-2010, 02:30 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Basics Shopping Questions

Hi, We are in the market to replace all of our flooring in a 2500 sq. ft. house that we plan are trying to sell asap. New flooring will help! Two Story, kids, no pets, Central California coastal area.

We want to keep it cheap because we could lose our jobs at any moment. We've been kinda waiting to get canned for a while, but we are both still here and brave enough to consider replacing our disgusting flooring!

Anyhow, carpet on the stairs, family room, I was thinking vinyl or linoleum throughout the rest of the place with area rugs. It doesn't get that cold here and our house is dusty as hell because we live next to Pismo Dunes and the crap that is floating in the air is constant. The place is dusty so carpet collects that garbage.

Anybody have any ideas on what type of carpet to go with that is cost effective and what it is going for per sq ft? Also, I'm so confused on the differences between vinyl, performance vinyl, linoleum, etc. We'd like the wood plank look, but does it actually look like wood?

Anyhow, if anybody has two cents, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement

vanwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote