Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Basement subfloor

I am currently Doing a project in my basement. I get some water by the front door, I am planning on lifting the pavers and sealing the concrete. I am also planning on taking my cut-off saw and cutting in a drain, floor is already open, so it won't be a problem. But now my question is, I am planning on using a waterproof vinyl floor, the first room which is 250 sq ft I was thinking of using dri-core then the vinyl flooring, and the last 150 sq ft just vinyl and a vapor barrier. Any suggestions, or ideas. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Justin G

Dazedj14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #2

Basement subfloor

I'm hearing good things about dri-core so far, but everyone in this forum has a different opinion. Kinda makes it hard for guys like us who are starting out and just want to find out what is best to use.

jayinwww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #3

Basement subfloor

I have used a product called Delta-FL. it is similiar to the black plastic under the dri-cor panels, you lay the delta-fl down use a special tape to seal the seams where the delta sheets connect and use spray foam insulation to seal the perimeter.
I have found/heard many negative responses to dri-cor because they say moisture could still get to the wood at the seams and cause mold/mildew. This is why i choose the Delta-FL. it is totally sealed and keeps the moisture under the floor.
You then lay 7/8 plywood over the delta and you can install any flooring. Laminate floating flooring can be installed directly on the Delta-FL.
Do a search for delta-fl and read there website and see if it fits your needs. i personally recommend it, for me it was a great find.
P.S. I used it on a concrete slab in my family room that didnt have serious moisture issues and the floor was properly leveled. Both these issues need to be corrected before installing and type of delta/dri-core.

Last edited by bryan1282; 05-06-2012 at 07:59 PM.
bryan1282 is offline   Reply With Quote