Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #1

Share |

Basement Floor Leveling Help

I have had some water damage in my finished basement so I had to gut just about everything. I have fixed the water issue and now am in the process of redoing it before my first child is born, so I am in a bit of a time crunch. The basement area that needs to be leveled is about 10 x 18 and is about 3" unlevel. I want to put down DriCore subfloor system but think I should probably level the floor first, and want to try and do it on my own. I see that DriCore sells a leveling kit so you can raise the panels to any height. I have also read about self leveling products but am stuck as to which is the easiest way to go as time is an issue. It is also framed all around so I am thinking that might come into an issue at some point and I am hoping I can leave the studs on the bottom in tact.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks.

brokenbricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbricks View Post
I have had some water damage in my finished basement so I had to gut just about everything. I have fixed the water issue and now am in the process of redoing it before my first child is born, so I am in a bit of a time crunch. The basement area that needs to be leveled is about 10 x 18 and is about 3" unlevel. I want to put down DriCore subfloor system but think I should probably level the floor first, and want to try and do it on my own. I see that DriCore sells a leveling kit so you can raise the panels to any height. I have also read about self leveling products but am stuck as to which is the easiest way to go as time is an issue. It is also framed all around so I am thinking that might come into an issue at some point and I am hoping I can leave the studs on the bottom in tact.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

Thanks.
Im in the same boat so to speak....i also had some flooding issues and in the process of trying to get my floors redone. I will be doing the work myself.
I will have to do the same thing and level out my basement floors I have about 1100 square foot that im working on. In my bedroom i have a slight decline going towards the outside door and that spot makes me nervous. I'm putting down ceramic tile and i have never done that before, so the whole job will be a learning experience for me.
Bye the way good luck on the pregnacy thing too! and be carefull dont hurt yourself or the baby

kimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #3

I am slowly making progress on finishing the floor in our basement and I've been using the dricore panels with their leveling pads.
dulino is offline   Reply With Quote