Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #1

Share |

Bamboo Flooring Install

I plan on purchasing and installing a carbonized stranded bamboo floor. It's manufactured by Morning Star and is 3/8" thick by 3 3/4" wide. This floor is going on a cement floor (Florida slab home) and I'm considering installing as a floating floor. I'm asking for anyone with experience in installing bamboo as described to comment. I know this is one of the hardest floors and was wondering if cutting isa problem? Your ideas and suggestions please. Thank for your input.

joe3534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #2

Bamboo Flooring Install

i do not think bamboo is that hard as of what i have seen a few years after install. here is a link on species hardness chart. http://www.countyfloors.com/about_janka.html

and i do not do enough to comment on install on concrete on Florida slab

jaydevries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
wood hobbyist

Bamboo Flooring Install

Joe3534,
I've installed the exact same bamboo flooring in my house glued to the concrete foundation, with no problems. I have to agree with jaydevries that its not the hardest but it looks and works well in our house. Three kids, & two dogs tested for over three years now and no problems. Some suggestions I have for you, I layed my floor out and blue tape numbered them before gluing them down to not slow up a one man show. Work only about two board widths at a time. Start with a new, sharp, fine tooth saw blade for cuts. Have a wet towel to assist clean-up along the way and as you put down a full run use something to weigh down the boards to ensure positive glue aheards to both the wood and floor. I used some 12x12 stepping stones with a towel underneath moving them across as I moved to a new run of board. Remember 1/4" gap on the outside of primeter and to mix up the boxes as you open them for a uniform look. Post some pictures of you work when done. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Bamboo Flooring Install-img_1639.jpg   Bamboo Flooring Install-img_1636.jpg  
weberus3 is offline   Reply With Quote