Anyone Install Menard's Designer's Image Luxury Vinyl Tile? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 87

Anyone install Menard's Designer's Image Luxury Vinyl Tile?

We're thinking of buying and installing Menard's 16 inch squares of Designer's Image Platinum Luxury Vinyl Tile. We will be grouting it.

We've installed similar stuff from MetroFloor before and like how it turned out. The MetroFlor tiles had a 20 year warranty and these have a limited lifetime warranty. Can't find a copy of it, though, so don't know if the DI tile's warranty is legit or not, or if it has too many exclusions to be useful. I did weigh a tile from each manufacturer, and the MetroFloor tile is a couple ounces heavier per tile ... not sure if it's thicker and that counts for the extra weight or just made with heavier materials?

I've read in forums that people have had problems grouting the 12" DI vinyl tile because it's got a strange lip on two sides of it. But the one we're considering is the 16" tile with rounded/beveled edges, so I think grouting this would work much better than their 12" tile.

Anyway, would love to hear from people who've installed the DI 16" luxury vinyl tile. Is it durable? Any installation problems? Would you buy and install it again? And has anybody tried to get any tiles replaced under their lifetime warranty? How did that go?

Advertisement

Last edited by Studly; 11-16-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Studly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #2

Nobody has used this tile? Any advice would be welcomed!

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Is it lvt or dura
DonnHartwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnHartwick View Post
Is it lvt or dura
It's similar to Duraceramic tile, where it's a mixture of vinyl and ceramic in the tile.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 PM   #5

Just to follow up on my original message, I did some more digging, and read the warranty on the Menard's tile, and compared it to the Metroflor Solidity tile that we used previously. I thought Menard's "luxury vinyl tile" had ceramic in it, like other brands of luxury vinyl tile, but actually it has aluminum oxide as its wear layer, not ceramic. Also, I read the "lifetime warranty" fine print on the box at Menard's and I see that it seems to exclude just about everything, such as if the tile fades because it's in prolonged sunlight. Its wear layer is about half the thickness of the MetroFlor stuff, so we're going with MetroFlor instead. Thought I'd post these specs for the Menards Designer Image Platinum Luxury Vinyl Tile in case anyone else is considering it.