Anyone Familiar With Flexitec Flooring? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Anyone familiar with Flexitec flooring?

I finally found a flooring that I think will work for me- I don't want the coldness and hardness of ceramic tile, I don't want anything with seams and something nicer than vinyl. I think this may work plus my kitchen is 12 1/2 ft wide and this comes in 13.2 ft widths. I'm just not sure how it lays once it is installed. Anyone had any experience with this product?

Advertisement

codeman10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
eph

did you wind up using this flooring because i am considering it as well and can't seem to find much information about it

Advertisement

eph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:22 PM   #3

I believe the congoleum Duraceramic is similar to what you are talkinga about. i liked it for the same reasons you are talking about. My advice is do it yourself if you can. I watched the contractors and it looked easy. I was in a hurry and hired someone rather than having my husband do it...totally mistake. They did a terrible job because the grout smears and they didn't get that up...now i have to. They had regrout the entire floor. They got grout on everything in my kitchen.

I like the look and feel of the floor and the ease of putting it down in virtually one day but only hire someone qualified to put it down and be prepared to wipe up the "smear" that happens with the acrylic grout.
Live and learn I guess. Wish I had posted here first.
cmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #4

I got Flexitec flooring about a year ago and love it. It's easy to clean and non-skid (important to me with an older dog). The installer did use a type of adhesive that does not permanently affix the flooring - the flooring can be picked up in one piece from the edges. It's just enough to keep it in place, as he said that with no adhesive, it can buckle under heavy furniture. Where there has been a heavy piece of furniture that has caused an indentation, after moving that piece, put a little water in the indentation and use a low setting on a hair dryer. The indentation comes back up. I got the wood-looking kind, and several people who've come in didn't know it wasn't wood or laminate until they felt it. I'm very happy with the Flexitec.
shirl37999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:24 AM   #5

Had this professionally installed two weeks ago, despite reading negative comments about it wrinkling.

Professional installation with the glue that remains soft seems to be the answer as ours is not moving at all.

We brought the vinyl into the house for two days before installation to come up to the temperature inside. When installation was complete, we waited four days and then moved appliances back in on a dolly with wide rubber wheels to protect the floor from moving by evenly distributing the appliance weight.

Our aging black lab does not slip on this surface.

We chose Arezzo and it beautifully complements oak cabinets. It is also wonderfully forgiving. I no longer have to sweep the kitchen floor several times a day due to dog hair and the pine needles that always find their way into the house.

This floor is fantastic!
redcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:50 AM   #6
Doer of Many Things

Rewards Points: 530

Since I brought Flexitec in, I sell almost nothing else. Virtually every vinyl company out there is making their own version of this stuff now. We always full spread the pressure sensitive glue. Yes it can be peeled off the floor much easier in the future because of this. And we've never had any wrinkling issues. That only happens with a loose lay installation or if the installer fails to leave an expansion gap around the walls. Don't hesitate to go with this product, just make sure you have it installed by someone who knows how to work with the product properly.
poppameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 PM   #7

As an installer, I have been working with it about 6 years. We have always full spread the glue. I have never trusted loose lay. It is also very easy to work with. I do however recommend a professional installer, especially since I need work! LOL
BFoxx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #8

I'm interested in purchasing a vinyl floor from Flexitec, but can't seem to find a distributor of the product in the Boston, MA area. I tried to find one via google.com, but no luck. Anyone know of a distributor or have thoughts on how to locate one?
seabright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 150

I know of a retailer in Portsmouth NH
mike costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #10

If you could please forward the name of the distributor in NH, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!
seabright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 PM   #11

A lot of happy consumers!
FloorRetailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 150

Its a retailer not a distributor and its called Portries Floring and its in Rye
mike costello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 PM   #13
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 2,324

http://vinylflooring.org/movie.html Installation video for Flexitec
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #14

I am a flooring salesman. A customer is asking me for pricing for Flexitec, but I can't seem to reach the manufacturer. Can anybody help me? Vinylflooring.org seems to be the closest I can find, but the phone number is perpetually busy.
floorguydetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #15
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 2,324

There are several other IVC vinyls. Try Earthscapes for instance. Your vinyl rep should have something. Every vinyl co makes their own version of this product. What kind of store do you work for?

Advertisement

rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote