Any Suggestions? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-01-2010, 05:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Any suggestions?

Hi there, I have a little problem regarding flooring.
It's a laminate floor but the first section near a door needs fixing or replacing (it had to be lifted for a plumbing issue).
The rest of the room is fine. I thought about replacing boards but most of the moulding is damaged.
would it ba a possibility to cut out a section and replace with maybe some rubber syle flooring / vinyl? The things is that I dont want to re-floor the whole room. (in fact it's a studio flat and the damaged area is by the front door)

Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks a lot

Advertisement

RichBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:01 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Any suggestions?

Quote:
would it ba a possibility to cut out a section and replace with maybe some rubber syle flooring / vinyl?
This sounds possible to me. My only question is in regards to the transition from rubber to laminate. Is there a good location for this transition? If the transition is straight, you could use one of those metal strips typically used between carpet and hard floors.

Advertisement

oberkc is offline   Reply With Quote