Another Option For Installing Engineered Wood Flooring - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Another option for installing engineered wood flooring

I was at a flooring store to pick out flooring for a remodel project.
I had already picked out an engineered wood floor, but was told it needed to be glued down. I'm putting it over concrete and after several discussions and internet surfing I found out I could float it, but the joints would need to be glued.
Then this store told me about another method(that was NEW) was to NOT glue, but to use springs the fit between the wall and the last row of flooring. This would be done on two sides of the project.
I ask them to quote me on the product, and even though they had used the product in their offices, they weren't ready to sell it to me. It's not something they produced, but said was going to be on the market soon.
Any ideas where I might be able to locate this SPRING loaded product?

Advertisement

dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:28 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

Another option for installing engineered wood flooring

sounds hoakie pokey . Get a click together engineered , And do a calcium chloride moisture test on the concrete , And use a vapor barrier . You can;t use a vapor barrier with glue down , ERR it is complicated beyond the finacial means , If you are DYi then you are trying to save money . So I would [repeat] do a calcium chloride test on the concrete to determine if the moisture is within the spec of that product , And read the warranty , Glue down over concrete may void the warranty , AND don't believe salesman under only two conditions , 1 When they are selling 2 .when they are buying , other than that you can believe a salesman , I run into problems all the time cause sales people tell people all kinds of BS tacomahardwoodfloors.com

Advertisement

tacomahardwood. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engineered wood , new installation method , spring