Almost Finished My DIY Hardwood Floor But Got 2 Questions - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Almost finished my DIY hardwood floor but got 2 questions

Thanks to the help from this forum, I almost finished my DIY hardwood floor project. It looks beautiful. Recently I got 2 questions

1. one end of a long plank goes higher than others. I figured out it's because of the uneven subfloor (tried to level it but it's not a perfect job - cannot sand off too much of the subfloor) and I need to cut off the lower part of the groove for installation at this location. Shall I drill a hole and put a floor screw to hold it down to subfloor and then cover the hole with a plug? I doubt whether a nail can do the job in the long run.

2. the tiles are higher than the hardwood floor. How to install the baseboards? I'm planning to replace old baseboards with higher, thicker ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Almost finished my DIY hardwood floor but got 2 questions-img_0013.jpg   Almost finished my DIY hardwood floor but got 2 questions-img_0015.jpg  

Advertisement

Last edited by mechth; 05-12-2011 at 12:01 PM.
mechth is offline   Reply With Quote