Allure LOCKING Innovation? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

allure LOCKING Innovation?

I wish I had known that the allure "LOCKING" system was defective...
Could have saved alot of wasted time and money ..

Advertisement

polartech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 696

Who says it's defective.
I have two houses with it and have had 0 issues with it.
Any time I've seen it fail was when someone did not roll the seams or they left no gaps on the outside edges.

Advertisement

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #3

I think your talking about the flexible allure?
The type I used is the 4ft x 71/2 in, hard vinyl boards, It was new house I covered 600 sq ft...
I also used the allure your talking about in the bath rooms (3) I did use a roller, but the joints on that system are not perfect!!
I will say the flooring was installed as per instructions, when finished it looked perfect but after a few months the defects started to appear..
Unfortunately its looking like I will have to replace the flooring... To lift it and reinstall is a major job, and experiencing the defects I'm sorry but I have lost confidence in this system!!!

THE ADD IS ON THIS SITE , FROM HOME DEPOT!!

Last edited by polartech; 11-12-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: ADD IS ON THIS SITE.......
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 150

Allure Locking looks like Allure Ultra. I haven't had the problem you've experienced.
zakany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by polartech View Post
THE ADD IS ON THIS SITE , FROM HOME DEPOT!!
Just a little info about web ads: they are targeted to YOU and where you've been on that computer. If you've been looking around, searching for dog toys, you're very likely to see ads for dog toys. If you've been looking for Allure Ultra vinyl planks, you're likely to see ads for that. In addition to that, they are targeted to what's on the page you're requesting, so if you're on a thread about Allure Ultra, you're likely to see an ad for it.
SuperJETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 77

So what exactly was the problem? Did you contact the manufacturer? If it is truly defective they should really replace it. What is the subfloor? Why did it fail? Professional install or DIY? Pictures?

I am looking at putting down 700 square feet of the Allure Ultra and come across complaints like this, but they really do not help anyone without the detail. Every product or service in the world falls into the category "you should not buy" because someone on the internet had a vague complaint.
tev9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #7

I installed ~250sq ft of Allure Ultra in our kitchen a couple of months ago. It's been excellent so far. The subfloor was smooth/flat and I paid a lot of attention to make sure the pieces were clicked together with zero gap.

Do it right and most likely there will be no problems. We like it so much we're most likely putting it in the finished attic space, probably another 400sq ft or so.
SuperJETT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #8

I installed about 100 sq ft of Allure Ultra and my only complaints are that it was difficult to get the pieces locked together and it's hard to install it around objects.
zakany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #9

Unhappy

Allure Ultra, I think that I must have had a defective box..
Cos the defective planks, joints add up to one box, unfortunately they where mixed all together when installed, obviously some of the planks are not perfect, so you make adjustments.. area covered appox - 1000 sq ft..
The floor was perfect when finished, I was very impressed with this product, also some friends where talking of using Allure Ultra..
The floor has now been installed for 2 years, first separations started within the first 6 months, I was able to get them back together, (my home is a new build) so the floors where level ..
The defects I mean , the planks can be pushed together slide apart without locking, the locking system has failed...smaller areas like, dining room and kitchen OK, but hallway , living room (bigger areas) I have separation, I have informed Home Depot about this problem.....

Advertisement