Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #1

Share |
Question

Allure Flooring - Quarter Round Molding

Not sure if this has been asked or answered but I am having Home Depot install Allure Flooring in 2 bathrooms and 2 extra bedrooms. The question came up at the store about finish moldings around the edges. The Allure is going in bedrooms where carpet is now so it is likely to be a significant drop in height. There is no quarter round in the bedrooms where carpet is being removed. Does anyone know whether quarter round is the way to go or is there another solution?? Thanks.

PatsyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
Pro Flooring Installer

1/4 round will probably work, if your base sets close enough to the floor. Remember to nail it to the wall, not the floor.

rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #3

Thanks much - seems a little wierd that Allure does not provide a color match product for this. Apparently we have to get unfinished product and stain it to match. Not the worst thing in the world but seems like the mftr should address this where 1/4 round might be required for a finished look.
PatsyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #4

Matching base mold or 1/4 round is seldom sold with the product ,So I see why they would NOT have it in stock .I rarely Put base mold on that matches the flooring [RARELY] Yes To Quarter round or new base mold all together , the other guy said the nail s should be into the base not the floor , This is mostly correct , ALLURE is really not a floating floor like laminate so I would read the installation instructions , I assume it will say if it has to be a full floating floor , The reason I mention this is because .Quarter round or Base Shoe may not be tall enough to get a nail into the base after carpet is removed , matter of fact it's probably not and it will get nailed down tacomahardwoodfloors.com
tacomahardwood. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
Pro Flooring Installer

You never, ever nail 1/4 to a vinyl floor. 1/4 round should always be nailed to the base. All walls contract and expand with temperature.
rusty baker is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
allure