Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #1

Share |

Allure Flooring in my bathroom

My partner and I are installing Allure in our bathroom and plan to install around the toilet rather than removing it. Has anyone had any success doing this? And, if so, what tool should we use to cut around the toilet. We have prepared a template. Thank you

Susanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
Veteran Rehabber

Allure Flooring in my bathroom

I would recommend pulling the toilet and installing the planks under it. You will get a much nicer, professional result.

However, you have the right idea with a template. Allure is very stiff material. It will snap off in straight lines easily. If you cut around a curved surface, you will have to use scissors. I use the type of scissors that siding installers use. They are about 18" long and it will require a lot of force to cut through the Allure plank, even with new blades. When you use this much force, it is harder to control the scissors and follow your template. Plan on wasting several planks until you get used to it. Use double-sided carpet tape to secure the plank to the floor next to the toilet. Then fill in the gap between the toilet base and Allure planks with white silicone caulk.

CMHbob is offline   Reply With Quote