Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #1

Share |

Allure Flooring in Kitchen

I've read a lot of posts which show that people are installing this flooring in their basements or sunporches, etc. I haven't seen anyone installing in kitchen.

Any thoughts on Allure flooring over a ceramic tile in kitchen. We are in the planning stages. I've been concerned about washing it, etc.

mjhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #2

If you ask Home Depot, they will tell you is is the greatest thing in the world for a kitchen floor. There are some active threads on here if you type allure in the flooring. From everything I've read, the negatives seem to outweigh the positives by a wide margin.

I've been meaning to ask some in my local HD flooring department whay they don't lay a section of this stuff on the floor of their flooring aisle and leave it there for 6-12 months if it is as good as they say it is.

Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Veteran Rehabber

I've used Allure in my rentals and rehabs for the last 3 years. It is waterproof, pet proof and kid proof. It is amazingly durable for the price. Most people think it is real wood and I have to tell them it is vinyl.

The installation instructions say it will bridge a gap of 1/8" and it really does what it says it will do. I've installed it over vinyl floor and bare wood. Neither the gaps between sub-floor panels, vinyl pattern nor screw/nail heads telegraph through. As long as your grout lines are 1/8" or less, it should work OK. If the size of the gap concerns you, consider the commercial version as it is thicker and will bridge larger gaps.
CMHbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #4
Tileguy

CMHbob,

All of your posts (save one) promote Allure almost word for word. Have you no imagination? You sound like a puppet working for Allure. You must be an HD employee.
Bud Cline is online now   Reply With Quote