Allure Flooring - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Allure flooring

I'm thinking about using this flooring over a 10' x6' radiant heated kitchen floor. Could the heat cause problems? It can get pretty warm.

Advertisement

Dmadson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Pro Flooring Installer

Rewards Points: 2,318

Allure flooring

Did you ask HD? There are a bunch of threads on here about Allure/Konecto. This has probably been covered.

Advertisement

rusty baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:59 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10
Angry

Allure flooring

Issue: Humidity problems with Allure vinyl flooring from Home Depot. I got on this forum to find out if anyone else has had humidity problems after installing Allure in their garage. Here's my experience. I live in Central Florida and have had Allure Diamond Plate Graphite (gray) flooring installed in my concrete slab garage (~21'x24') since Feb 2009. Since I've installed this flooring, the tool-steel of most of my hand tools, miter saws, table saw, drill press, stainless steel cabinet doors, and even my motorcycle has severe rust and/or corrosion (i.e., white oxidation). I've lived in this house for almost 15 years and have never had a rusting problem in my garage, even with pool chemicals stored in my garage. The only thing that was a drastic change to the environment in my garage was the installation of this flooring. Before I put the flooring down I cleaned the slab with TSP and allowed it to dry thoroughly. I also trimmed the flooring so the threshold would be inside the garage when the main garage door is shut. The only thing I did that might have affected the moisture evaporation/drainage is I sealed the edge of the floor and threshold at the main garage door with caulking to prevent water from seeping underneath the floor if it starts to rain with the garage door up (until I closed it which is always right away).

I've read about several people reporting moisture problems in a basement, but has anyone heard of moisture problems in a garage after installing Allure? The rusting problem has ruined hundreds of dollars worth of tools and equipment. I'm ready to yank up the flooring and pitch it in the garbage. There goes over ~$1300 bucks down the tubes just in the cost of the flooring alone.
davidwajr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000

Allure flooring

Do a search on this forum for "allure" & read the issues people have had
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote