3/4" Brazilian Walnut Solid Hardwood. - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

3/4" Brazilian Walnut solid Hardwood.

Well, since looking on your site, I am definately changing my plans...but I really need to know the BEST way to have this flooring installed, on concrete, in Florida. I have yet to find a laminate or engineered flooring that I feel will be durable enough for the pricepoint, so, if I am going to do wood at all, I want a solid hardwood. Is it advisable to put down some kind of waterproofing product? Can I glue down the subfloor with the Bostic's glue that includes the moisture barrier? Someone also suggested putting roofing felt down between the plastic and subflooring layers, has anyone ever heard of this?

Advertisement

scrubce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,000

you cant put solid 3/4 hardwood flooring over concrete. engineered or laminate. have you seen the wood look tile?

i guess if you want to put a moisture barrier and sleepers and plywood you could but that will raise the floor 2-1/4 inches but that would be up to you.

but it cant be installed right over the concrete. engineered can be glued right to the concrete but i would rather float it.

i know what you mean about finding a laminate and engineered that you like, we went with unfinished 3/4 tigerwood and i finished it. we just didnt care for the glossy prefinished or the microbevels.

Advertisement

Last edited by DannyT; 05-22-2011 at 05:57 PM.
DannyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

If you are set on putting 3/4" solid hardwood over the concrete the only method is to attach plywood to the entire surface of the concrete. Then use some roofing tar paper on top of the plywood and nail it down to the plywood. You do not want to glue 3/4".
RhodesHardwood is offline   Reply With Quote