1x4 Or 1x6 Flooring NON Tongue And Groove Easy? - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

1x4 or 1x6 flooring NON tongue and groove easy?

I see it in houses alot doing pest control. It looks like people just put down 1x4's and clear coat them. I also see it whitewashed. im sure you know what im talking about so.

My question is, is that all it is? 1x4's nailed or stapled down and clear coated? It looks like i could use shelving pine for the job. Im going to use it for an extra room we are finishing out, the builders i guess left one bedroom like an attic space with no windows but it has an AC duct ran to it ready to be hooked to the unit. Its going to be kind of like a bar/party room so thats why i want to play around with this flooring project, which leads me to my next question.

I bought that "acoustic board" from home depot since this is going to be a party room i wanted to muffle the sound as much as i could since i had a clean slate to play with.

Can i put down that sound board UNDER the flooring im going to put down? (Possibly that shelving board floor) Its like 8 bucks for a 4x8 sheet so i like it cause its cheap.

-Jarod

Advertisement

c0bra969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10

Did you get any responses? Did you go through with your project? I joined this site specifically to read about your project. I am thinking about doing the same, but directly on a concrete slab. Don't know if it will work or how it will work...

Advertisement

gradsreunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:03 AM   #3
Tileguy

Rewards Points: 2,616