1st Coat Of Polyurethane Done, Too Late To Fix Small Patch - Flooring - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

1st coat of polyurethane done, too late to fix small patch

I'm in the process of redoing my parquet. I noticed there's a small yellow patch bordering the wall. I must have missed it when sanding. I've put down one coat of water based varathane. Is it too late to sand off the first coat and the wood of that one area and reapply the varathane?

I'd like to have this redone but it won't bother me if it's not feasible.

Advertisement

aldgagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Just be careful and plan on building up the area you sand off to match your first coat on the floor overall as best you can. Then proceed with your subsequent coats.

Obviously now is the time to fix it if it bothers you. Once you get subesequent coats on it will just get harder to deal with.

Advertisement

user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:14 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsester View Post
Just be careful and plan on building up the area you sand off to match your first coat on the floor overall as best you can. Then proceed with your subsequent coats.

Obviously now is the time to fix it if it bothers you. Once you get subesequent coats on it will just get harder to deal with.
I ended up scrapping off the first coat & the underlying yellow areas with a wood scraper, hand sanded the area with 100 grit paper, reapplied the poly with a brush to the effected area. Took a look at it this morning and it seems fine.
aldgagnon is offline   Reply With Quote