Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

100 year old loft rennovation - floors

We are ripping the place apart down to the subfloors. According to my HOA, i need to achieve a IIC rating of 51 or more. We have selected some 7'' oak flooring but are unsure what to do for underlayment. Cork and rubber seem to be the best choices and we have a pretty banged-up subfloor - gray board and the occasional piece of plywood, so these should help with leveling...

So, when I look at the various underlayment manufactures, all appear to be 'fine' with floating or glue down, but are silent on nail-down, which is what I would prefer to do. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I want to do the best I can with this, and have budgeted for some decent expenditure here...
Attached Thumbnails
100 year old loft rennovation - floors-img_0449.jpg   100 year old loft rennovation - floors-img_0451.jpg  

arkady is offline   Reply With Quote