Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Flooring

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

1 bottle of Konecto Adhesive Coverage question

I have a total of 141 boxes that I want glue for. The retailer and rep. have both told me that 20 bottles should do it. Please someone who knows tell me what one bottle will cover. I found one person on the net selling it and their website says each 1 oz. bottle will cover 100 linear feet.

I am pretty sure with the 141 boxes I will have 6345 linear feet. So if each bottle covers 100 l.f. then I would need about 64 bottles. A far cry from the 20 the rep. said would do.

I want to follow the instructions found on konecto's website for the adhesive application -http://konectousa.com/files/installation_plank.pdf

I will not install the floor without since I already know it will be needing the dang glue.

Can someone please inform me on this?

Thank You in advance for your time.

Just a little additional info. --- Since Konecto is supposed to be DIY oriented we did not pay to have it installed. At the retailers prices it would have been about $6500 - $7900. That is at $2.00 - $2.50 a square foot. With this NOT being the first floor we laid down we thought we would do it ourselves and spend the money on more necessary things. I also doubt they would have owned up anyway. I am sure it still would have been our fault because of the temperature thing. No matter what we did they would have found something.

Last edited by jennydavis; 11-20-2008 at 03:10 PM.
jennydavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #2

Quote:
No matter what we did they would have found something.
Having a full service flooring store supply materials and labor SHOULD get you better results. I mean...you paid good money for labor so it should be so.
Retailers have much more negotiating power than the average consumer.

I wish I knew exactly the coverage, but from what I have heard I believe the coverage is 100 square feet and not lineal.
But I will pay attention to other answers on this.

Floorwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 AM   #3

The Konecto flooring is self adhesive and each plank sticks to itself, as the adhesive is already applied to the planking from the manufacturer. The glue is for areas that may come apart over time or need to restick planks if the existing adhesive on the planking does not adhere.

I have done several rooms and commercial showrooms, which are over four years old and as of yet, have had no need to use any additonal adhesive. For residential use, one bottle should suffice if you ever need it.

Just be sure that once the floor is done to apply pressure to the seams, a roller which can be rented to do this. If not, it could void the warranty.

Very good flooring, have not had a problem with any of my installations. The floor holds up very well, and after several years still looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydavis View Post
I have a total of 141 boxes that I want glue for. The retailer and rep. have both told me that 20 bottles should do it. Please someone who knows tell me what one bottle will cover. I found one person on the net selling it and their website says each 1 oz. bottle will cover 100 linear feet.

I am pretty sure with the 141 boxes I will have 6345 linear feet. So if each bottle covers 100 l.f. then I would need about 64 bottles. A far cry from the 20 the rep. said would do.

I want to follow the instructions found on konecto's website for the adhesive application -http://konectousa.com/files/installation_plank.pdf

I will not install the floor without since I already know it will be needing the dang glue.

Can someone please inform me on this?

Thank You in advance for your time.

Just a little additional info. --- Since Konecto is supposed to be DIY oriented we did not pay to have it installed. At the retailers prices it would have been about $6500 - $7900. That is at $2.00 - $2.50 a square foot. With this NOT being the first floor we laid down we thought we would do it ourselves and spend the money on more necessary things. I also doubt they would have owned up anyway. I am sure it still would have been our fault because of the temperature thing. No matter what we did they would have found something.
Mr Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote