Simple DIY Exterior House Shutters - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum
Advertisement

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Forum > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-14-2015, 09:36 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 12
Smile

Simple DIY Exterior House Shutters

Hey guys, I made some shutters for the front of my house and I made a video to show how easy it is to make them. Anyone can make these for themselves.

At first I was looking to buy some but could not find the ones I wanted. I was looking for shutters that were thick and beefy. I wanted them to make a strong statement. In addition, the ones that I found for sale online were waaaay over priced. The prices started at $400 for a pair. The wood in this project cost me $103 at Lowes. This was enough for one window (2 shutters).

The video is on my YouTube channel called Retroweld. You can search for my channel there or go to www.retroweld.com

I hope this video helps someone if they are looking to build their own (DIY) shutters. Let me know if anyone has any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks
Douglas

Advertisement

Last edited by Retroweld; 05-14-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Retroweld is offline   Reply With Quote