My Humble Estate, From Cottage To Castle - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

My Humble Estate, from Cottage to Castle

so I have a 28'x150' lot. Its very small. My house is pretty tiny, its maybe 650 sq ft total, with maybe 450 sq ft livable. Its one bedroom, one bath. I live alone except for a small visitor every other weekend

Im going to be turning it into a proper place to live. Little by Little, piece by piece.

Here are the before pics:

Front of House,

Front of the House from the Street

garden wall and flower beds, just off sidewalk

a tiny pool, one of my gargoyles has taken it over. Had some blocks he was sitting on but they got used for a flower bed

Backyard for foundation project

the Jungle, going to be cleaned up and graded down for A/C and Utility work, any extra concrete from the foundation will go here so it doesnt over grow.

end of house, lets you know how small it is, fence sure needs work, wont hire that guy again...

house edge for plumbing and an edge to the foundation, I dont have to put a footing here, just tie it in.

this will all be concrete about right to where I am standing the width of the house, ready for a 2 story addition

Rest of house:

the corner there where the house sticks out, you can see the old paint coming off and the new washing machine drains and dryer vent

here is the side yard, going to put down sand and small gravel to make a play area for my kid.

I have a few other projects, Ill post on as I go. As you can see, its not much of a house right now, but Ill be working on it all summer and post how things go.

Advertisement

Storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,508

What is with all of the graffiti.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #3

I make statues, I have to clean out the nozzles on the spray cans after I use them, so you hold them upside down for a few seconds and spray till its clear. I got bored with making runny dots so I started making patterns and such. It needs painted over anyway so Im not real worried about it. Painting is another project Im working on. After I get the house painted, strange marking will get moved to the back of my fence instead.
Storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #4

Alrighty then.....
twostuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 75

You might want to use that cardboard in picture #7 to clean your spray nozzles. Otherwise you will end up having to redo your fence at some point too
teamcampreder is offline   Reply With Quote