Just Some Of The Projects We've Done To Our House - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Just some of the projects we've done to our house

I'm currently working on finishing up my kitchen project. We had crappy, old and nasty wood/plastic cabinets in our kitchen that weren't worth a dam so out they went. We also didn't have a dishwasher and were both tired of doing dishes so we decided to throw that in there for when we did the new cabinets. Sadly this part of the house is the addition and only about 50 years old, which means nothing is square or plumb. This made installing the cabinets very interesting to say the least.

I don't have any photos yet of that project but check out the pictures of what we've accomplished.

There's a before picture of the dining room and an after picture. Some difference? That nice wood floor was under two layers of adhesive tiles and one layer of backer board.

The shot of the outside of the house as we painted it. It was a very faded white with blue trim when we started. We also repaired a ton of stucco work.
Attached Thumbnails
Just some of the projects we've done to our house-dsc01139.jpg   Just some of the projects we've done to our house-p1010114.jpg  
Attached Images

Advertisement

Weekend Warrior DIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:32 AM   #2
Dorf dude...

Rewards Points: 1,040

I would really like to see more pics, they are free! Who's that hiding behind the ladder? I would like to see the floor better. Keep updates coming. I like seeing progress. Dorf Dude.

Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 09:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shumakerscott View Post
I would really like to see more pics, they are free! Who's that hiding behind the ladder? I would like to see the floor better. Keep updates coming. I like seeing progress. Dorf Dude.
I'm hiding behind the ladder for the obvious reason that I didn't want to ruin the look of our lovely dining room.

I have more pictures, just have to find them.

This weekend I just installed the sink, replaced the kitchen plumbing, hooked up the dishwasher and ran our first load. It took forever since our water system is a little dated so either I don't have enough water pressure or not enough hot water from my 38 year old water heater.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #4

Here's what the front of the house looked like before we painted it. This was back before our dining room was done. What a dump! Thankfully I can be proud to saw that the house we have now is somewhere nice to live and nice to look at.

And where we are now.
Attached Thumbnails
Just some of the projects we've done to our house-sept-07-2-.jpg   Just some of the projects we've done to our house-p1010116.jpg   Just some of the projects we've done to our house-p1010117.jpg   Just some of the projects we've done to our house-p1010119.jpg