The first two pictures are of a revision I had to do. I originally had two brass nipples 6" and 2" screwed together and screwed into the valve at the top and a 90 then out to the spout nipple. All this to avoid sweating copper. I have more confidence in sweating now fortunately. The brass setup did not allow the spout to sit flush to the tile and when I moved that back the valve sat crooked. It looked terrible. My wife wanted me to leave it alone so I could finish sooner. I said "no way" and replaced the brass with the copper you see. My theory was that copper would bend whereas brass would not. Luckily for me I did not end up having to bend anything. The new copper tube sits in there straight and the spout is flush. Already the access panel has been useful. I used a wad of fiberglass insulation in there to protect everything from the torch but have since learned on this site that that is not a good idea. I just wish those heat blankets were not so damn expensive.
The next is a cut I had to make with the jig saw to fit around those two pipes that supply the toe kick heater under the vanity. I hope to be able to get those marks made by the jigsaw base off with Mr. Clean magic eraser. That area will probably get covered anyway.
Still not quite sure what I want to do with that outside corner where the quarter round will eventually meet the base molding. Those pipes were originally boxed in with base molding- one piece nailed on top of an outside facing piece. I will likely do the same thing. I had wanted something covering those pipes that will also allow the heat to radiate off the pipes to supplement the toe kick heater. I had even bought a baseboard enclosure http://www.lowes.com/pd_62539-33978-...ic%2Bbaseboard
but realized when I got it home that it was too tall and would not allow me to open the cabinet door. So It got returned.