DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

High School Student Remodel!

16K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  dhenke92 
#1 ·
Hello guys and gals, i'm new too the forum. My names Dylan and i'm a 17 year old junior in high school. I love pretty much all kinds of construction and have a good nac for it. I built my dad a nice 12x16 shed all by myself with no other hand touching it during construction! Now I am on to a little bit bigger project, even though its a smaller bathroom. I've taken some shop classes at school and learned through uncles. I only have a few before pictures and there all cell phone pictures, i'm gonna try and get a better camera. So far Im in the process of completely gutting the whole bathroom. Heres some pictures:

I added a good foot or so in height by removing the ceiling tiles. With such an old house like this it feels so small, well mostly because it is small, but adding height looked so much better in here

See less See more
#3 ·
It's great to see someone your age eager to get your hands dirty. I've liked construction since I was a kid also. Just make sure you ask lots of questions, there are lots of little details in bathrooms that need to be done correctly and if one is forgotten it can lead to major problems. This is a great forum to ask questions and I've learned a lot from asking questions on here.

#8 · (Edited)
We got a free brand new 2 piece acrylic tub set and brand new ceramic tiles for the bathroom from my aunt a while ago so I will be putting them in and half way up the walls, otherwise if I dont like that look it will be sheetrock all the way up instead of just halfway up. I live about an hour south of you, around the Lomira-Theresa area off 41. The tub has some stains or a little rust maybe in spots, but if it was cleaned really good and refinished I could probably get some decent dough off of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.