alright......this is a work in progress.
i am going to use this space to plan my project. this will help me think through each of the steps. any tips/advice are appreciated greatly.
from watching the video/reading the plans I linked to it appears that I am going to need to do the following:
1. on the front of the porch (facing street) secure knee wall sole plate to concrete. in the video above, the builder attached two 2X4s, the bottom one was pressure treated and used expanding anchors to secure them to the concrete. the 2 Xs were placed on top of a piece of foam insulation.
2. next he installed a top plate 3 feet from the ground and secured studs.
Next Actions/ Questions
1. I have to remove the vinyl cover (see pics) and expose the existing top plate.
2. I need to determine how many windows I am going to add and the spacing needed for the windows. I am thinking 4 or 5. I will list the measurements tomorrow. I am pretty sure the width of the front opening is 15' 8. Will double check.
3. Am I basically going to frame the windows following the image below?