Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 01:04 AM   #121
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 24
Share |
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


its awesome really loved it

SmithTitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #122
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tyler Texas
Posts: 600
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Thanks SmithTitos
__________________
Come and see the progress on my mobile home paradise!!! (NEW PICS ON PAGE 19!!!!)
http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/compl...emodel-168570/
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #123
Electrical Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 725
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Thanks for the updates
Kyle_in_rure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #124
Roofmaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,530
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


How much is a new one or a used one in good condition compared to what you have in dollars in the one you have? Any Idea? I have always had the impression that the point of diminishing returns was pretty low on trailers.
__________________
" A lot of men build things, and a lot of things fall down "

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagans For This Useful Post:
joecaption (04-19-2013), Nailbags (04-18-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #125
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tyler Texas
Posts: 600
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


i tried to buy a new one and couldnt come up with the outrageous down payment and other requirements. i bought a used one. i dont trust used trailers unless i know whats in the walls, and as far as we have gotten with this one it would be stupid to start over now
__________________
Come and see the progress on my mobile home paradise!!! (NEW PICS ON PAGE 19!!!!)
http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/compl...emodel-168570/
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 AM   #126
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific North west
Posts: 1,229
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Quote:
Originally Posted by jagans View Post
How much is a new one or a used one in good condition compared to what you have in dollars in the one you have? Any Idea? I have always had the impression that the point of diminishing returns was pretty low on trailers.
This person has worked hard to make this look good and serve his family well. If that is all he can come up with and be debt free then he is ahead of the game. If he took out a loan for this. then he will never recoup the cost. Interest rates on these is normally twice what a stick built home is. most banks won't lend on them only FHA does for most parts and the title has to be eliminated. and converted to real property. But like I said if he did it with out a bank and zero debt then he way ahead of the curve ball.
Nailbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #127
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 37
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Quote:
Originally Posted by jagans View Post
How much is a new one or a used one in good condition compared to what you have in dollars in the one you have? Any Idea? I have always had the impression that the point of diminishing returns was pretty low on trailers.
Actually, as someone who has worked the MH business for decades I can tell you what is traditionally causing "diminishing returns" on mobile homes is the way they are cared for. I've done way to many homes that were so bad people paid us to take them off their hands and then after we got done running them through (yes through, as in we had a shop large enough to pull them in) our shop they would often go back out for 40-50k here in Ohio.

People want a good solid home for a good price. These kids have done a great job on restoring this old home and making it what they want. In addition, they've done it in pretty close to record time for a diy'er while working normal jobs and even have gotten the whole family involved. Not sure if that's cause the family loves 'em or wants 'em out on their own, but they've done it. jk

Best of all, unlike all of us, they don't owe the bank on the 1st of every month. Gawd, what could I do if I didn't have to make my house payment.
TheJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheJerk For This Useful Post:
Nailbags (04-20-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #128
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tyler Texas
Posts: 600
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Yeah no bank involved. i dont want anybody except the IRS to be able to take my home from me, Thats one reason why im glad i didnt get the new one. We didnt take out any loans, between me and my future husband we make about $900 extra per month, which we put into the house. No rent payment, no house payment, no nothing except lot rent. And we only pay lot rent until my parents pass away, then the land will belong to me and my sister, and we will own it and the property it sits on. Plus lot rent is only $200 per month, not too shabby. I think we have done pretty well for ourselves, thus far. I do have to admit, we have got a lot done since October, when we started the rebuilding phase. I am shocked now to see what i see in person, then to look back at the pics of what it was when i bought it.
__________________
Come and see the progress on my mobile home paradise!!! (NEW PICS ON PAGE 19!!!!)
http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/compl...emodel-168570/
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrailerParadise For This Useful Post:
Nailbags (04-20-2013)
Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #129
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tyler Texas
Posts: 600
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Plus, Jagans, i never mentioned recouping any money from this trailer. I didnt buy it to get money out of it. I bought this trailer to be our adulthood home. I fully intend to raise my children in this home, adding on a room if necessary, and then once my parents are gone, and the land is mine, i intend to take our savings at that point and have a new brick home built on the land, next to where this one sits and if they want it, ill let one of my kids live there, if not then ill try to rent it out, if i cant get a renter for it then i suppose we can use it as a storage building for all of our kids and our junk that im sure we will accumulate over the next 40 years.i am not a flipper, i dont buy investment properties. I bought a home, not a house. And, looking at the progress we have made, i say we are pretty dang close to making it our home.
__________________
Come and see the progress on my mobile home paradise!!! (NEW PICS ON PAGE 19!!!!)
http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/compl...emodel-168570/
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #130
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerParadise View Post
Plus, Jagans, i never mentioned recouping any money from this trailer. I didnt buy it to get money out of it. I bought this trailer to be our adulthood home. I fully intend to raise my children in this home, adding on a room if necessary, and then once my parents are gone, and the land is mine, i intend to take our savings at that point and have a new brick home built on the land, next to where this one sits and if they want it, ill let one of my kids live there, if not then ill try to rent it out, if i cant get a renter for it then i suppose we can use it as a storage building for all of our kids and our junk that im sure we will accumulate over the next 40 years.i am not a flipper, i dont buy investment properties. I bought a home, not a house. And, looking at the progress we have made, i say we are pretty dang close to making it our home.

I am close to retiring and I have a mortgage of four thousand a month. I wish I had no mortgage payments lol.. you did lovely work! It shows you that just because you are 'just starting out" you don't have to live in a dump or in a home less than gorgeous. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and having a lovely new home. I hope you are as happy as my husband and I have been all these years.
Be well.
mykidsmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #131
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tyler Texas
Posts: 600
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Thanks, mykidsmother. Wow, i couldnt imagine paying four grand a month, i have enough of a problem paying volkswagen $400 per month, LOL. I grew up watching the troubles my parents and grandparents went through, struggling to juggle mortgages, credit card payments, car payments, insurances, utilities, food, God knows what else, and i knew early on that i didnt want to go through that in my adult life. I worked hard after graduation to get a high paying job, worked hard at finding Mr. Right, and as a result i am now almost 24 years old and a homeowner, without Daddy's help and without a cosigner. i knew what i wanted to do with my life, and it is slowly but surely becoming a reality. I just cant wait to become his wife and move into our new-old home!
__________________
Come and see the progress on my mobile home paradise!!! (NEW PICS ON PAGE 19!!!!)
http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/compl...emodel-168570/
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrailerParadise For This Useful Post:
gma2rjc (04-19-2013)
Old 04-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #132
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerParadise View Post
Thanks, mykidsmother. Wow, i couldnt imagine paying four grand a month, i have enough of a problem paying volkswagen $400 per month, LOL. I grew up watching the troubles my parents and grandparents went through, struggling to juggle mortgages, credit card payments, car payments, insurances, utilities, food, God knows what else, and i knew early on that i didnt want to go through that in my adult life. I worked hard after graduation to get a high paying job, worked hard at finding Mr. Right, and as a result i am now almost 24 years old and a homeowner, without Daddy's help and without a cosigner. i knew what i wanted to do with my life, and it is slowly but surely becoming a reality. I just cant wait to become his wife and move into our new-old home!
Oh I have aq nice roof over my head.. it's not keeping me up at night lol.. Just wish it were paid off .

when are you getting married? You do have your priorities straight. Never get in over your head. It is not worth having if it keeps you up all night worrying.
mykidsmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #133
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tyler Texas
Posts: 600
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Our wedding is set for April 19, 2014. One year left. I dont have any problems financially paying for anything right now, like i said we have about $900 per month left over, i just dont like paying that much to one person, thats all i meant. I wish my car was paid off, too. But i still have 6 years on that note.
You must live in a more expensive area than i do, i dont know anybody around here that pays that much per month. From what ive seen, Piney Woods tx must be one of the cheapest places in the country for real estate. People in places like Maryland and Chicago are paying over 200K for two bedroom condos, and meanwhile in Texas you can get a two story stickbuilt Victorian style home for less than 100K.
__________________
Come and see the progress on my mobile home paradise!!! (NEW PICS ON PAGE 19!!!!)
http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/compl...emodel-168570/
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #134
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tyler Texas
Posts: 600
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


i just found one of the greatest deals in history on drawer glides. the cheapest i found them was $7 a pair thru home depot, and i just found 50 pairs on craigslist for $30. it just cut the remaining budget for the house in half!
__________________
Come and see the progress on my mobile home paradise!!! (NEW PICS ON PAGE 19!!!!)
http://www.diychatroom.com/f49/compl...emodel-168570/
TrailerParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #135
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pacific North west
Posts: 1,229
Default

Complete Mobile Home Remodel


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerParadise View Post
Yeah no bank involved. i dont want anybody except the IRS to be able to take my home from me, Thats one reason why im glad i didnt get the new one. We didnt take out any loans, between me and my future husband we make about $900 extra per month, which we put into the house. No rent payment, no house payment, no nothing except lot rent. And we only pay lot rent until my parents pass away, then the land will belong to me and my sister, and we will own it and the property it sits on. Plus lot rent is only $200 per month, not too shabby. I think we have done pretty well for ourselves, thus far. I do have to admit, we have got a lot done since October, when we started the rebuilding phase. I am shocked now to see what i see in person, then to look back at the pics of what it was when i bought it.
You have done well Glad to see a person work hard be happy and enjoy life.

Nailbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coleman DGAA mobile home furnace issue baluna HVAC 9 04-07-2012 08:55 AM
Mobile Home Electrical Panel Replacement rrolleston Electrical 2 01-28-2012 05:27 PM
venting from mobile home through new metal roof jeanmoon Roofing/Siding 2 07-27-2010 08:39 PM
running electric under mobile home brianbrianj Electrical 6 05-09-2010 03:49 PM
Help us make a remodel decision for selling home pleas 3detailer Kitchen & Bath Remodeling 11 04-27-2010 11:36 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.