Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > DIY Repair > Project Showcase

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #1

Share |

Bungalow complete DIY remodel

I bought this house in 2005, it's WWII era, but believe it or not had never really had any improvements. It was a rental before I picked it up and was a disaster. We honestly had to scrub the walls before we could even get paint to stick. I had to take a putty knife to the carpet padding bc it was stuck to the hardwood. There was a pull down staircase in the utility room and the "upstairs" was nothing more than attic space with 1x6 pine flooring. Galvanized pipes, barely insulated wiring (& whole house had 6 fuses), no insulation, original single pane wood windows; she was a doozie! Took out a wall, built a few new ones, added a 1/2 bath, moved the furnace upstairs, went to a tankless water heater, etc.. Best part was that when you start from scratch you can make it exactly what you want it to be. Now that its about done we love it! Doing it all myself adds to the enjoyment I'm sure (all but the furnace install); I had a decent knowledge of a lot of home improvement just from my upbringing but there's no better way to learn than some good old trial and error!
Attached Thumbnails
Bungalow complete DIY remodel-dscn0508.jpg   Bungalow complete DIY remodel-dscn0509.jpg   Bungalow complete DIY remodel-dscn0510.jpg   Bungalow complete DIY remodel-dscn0512.jpg  
Attached Images

moneymgmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #2

a few more, sorry my pic sizes are goofy!
Attached Images

Last edited by moneymgmt; 04-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #3

and then some...
Attached Images